Monday, November 16, 2009

Roughing it!

Rough sketches today provided by delicious beefcake found on the excellent Super Underwear Perverts blog managed by sexy Ray Randell. Just some quickies to warm up this morning before I get to the actual work.
The guy on the right was drawn for his backside...my aim was to alternate curves with straight lines. Those curves, to me, are absolutely beautiful and are among my favourite lines of the human body. The guy in shorts explores a little of my other favourite curve vs. straight line balancing act...the curve of the pecs connect with the straight lines of the abdominal, curving into the pelvis with a short straight before you get the quads, knee and shin.

Speaking of sketches I really ought to update on the whereabouts of my sketchbook. It was put ever so briefly on hold while I finished another issue of the Super Friends. But I'm back on it. I hope everyone hasn't lost patience with me...I want to make sure I give you guys my best stuff and finding all my big Photoshop files of color work has taken more time than I'd like.

Also, I changed some of my Cafepress merchandise to include the Hot Toddy Devil Drawing. Toddy is supposed to be coming to Toronto soon and I can't wait to see him perform again. Hopefully I'll get to draw him again, as well! Fingers crossed!

j.

4 comments:

SCARCEXL said...

I four sketchbook is finished before end of Januray, let me know, we could sell some for you at the LGBT booth at the French Bd angouleme festival.
You speak very well of the man body, it's a torture for us single men. :p

TorontoVet said...

Love it! You're so talented...

j. said...

Xavier - I'll do my best. Hopefully my drawings don't torture the way my words do :) Sometimes it's torture just going to the bar and seeing the wealth of good looking men on display...men of all shapes and sizes.

TorontoVet - Many thanks, Doc!

j.

Josh A. said...

Wow... that's some kyphosis and head-forward on that last guy ;-) That's ok, I'll massage him anytime...