Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Lovin'!


For me this has been the Summer of the Hipster. A lot of my weekends have been spent hanging out in the Queen West area of Toronto - known hang out for all the city's hipsteriest hipsters! At the pool they show off their tattooed, narrow-waisted hotness in square cut stylish trunks. And on the patios and in the parks it's all about trendy 50s style sunglasses, slim shorts and the hipster haircut (short on the sides and back, longish and slicked back on top). Also beards. I love scruff and the hipster look is very clean-cut scruff (an oxymoron? Probably. But hot is hot, oxymoronic or not).

Happy Summer!
j.

4 comments:

Lou W said...

J, you are so lucky to live in such a place as Toronto--I am constantly amazed by the men I see there (as well as the rest of Canada)--there must be something in the water!

j. said...

Lou - Indeed. I think the cold weather also contributes to hairier chests, a trait I appreciate immensely :)

j.

musclsvg said...

In the first drawing, the skimpy square cut riding low on the hips of the tall hunk and the broadback of the stud next to him are so hot it hurts! You're killing me, Bone!

j. said...

Musclsvg - You shoulda seen it in the flesh. Both of those are based on my afternoon at the local pool. Thankfully I had my "mental camera" with me. Still...it'd been nice to have the real thing when I drew this.

j.